Contact North | Contact Nord
Established by the Government of Ontario in 1986 as a community-based non-profit organization, Contact North | Contact Nord helps underserved Ontarians in 800 small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities get jobs by making it possible for them to access education and training without leaving their communities.
Contact North | Contact Nord responds to 1,000,000 requests per year from Ontarians and provides five local services:
- Information on available online programs and courses from Ontario’s 24 public colleges, 22 public universities, 9 Indigenous institutes, 76 district school boards, 200 literacy and basic skills providers, and 50 skills development training providers (Ontario’s education and training providers)
- Assistance with the registration process for their program or course of choice, referrals to other local support services, and assistance with financial information
- Free use of computer workstations and high-speed Internet access to complete their online courses
- Free use of web conferencing and videoconferencing distance learning platforms to connect to, and participate in, their live online programs and courses
- Supervision of written exams and tests