Special Education Guiding Principles:
It is the policy of the Grand Erie District School Board that special education services within the Board are guided by the following principles:
1. Public education is group education.
2. The diversity of our student population is valued and informs program and delivery.
3. Fostering an inclusive culture in schools is paramount.
4. Educational resources are allocated to reach educational goals.
5. Resources are organized to support the classroom teacher.
6. The classroom teacher is the greatest resource in the education system.
7. Placement options are guided by least restrictive/most enabling environments for learning.
Special Education documents: