Mr. B. Foster Mr D. Lewis
Last names A - K Last Names L - Z
The goals of guidance and career education programs are that students:
- Understand the concepts related to lifelong learning, interpersonal relationships and career planning.
- Develop learning skills, social skills, the ability to formulate and pursue educational and career goals
- Apply this learning to their lives and their work in the school and the community
- Students will acquire these skills and knowledge through guidance and career education courses, cooperative education courses and the development of the Pathway Planner.
- Course selection
- Development of a 4 or 5 year program plan
- Liaison with elementary schools.
- Discuss learning strategies and study skills
- Assist with night school and summer school applications.
- Explore magnet programs offered throughout the GEDSB
- Discuss career pathways
- Examine college and university admission requirements and the application process
- Explore apprenticeship programs
- Encourage students to use the Career Resource Centre to investigate part-time and full-time employment opportunities
- Coordinate university and college presentations
- Personal counselling
- Problem solving and planning with students and parents
- Liaison / referrals to community agencies
- Child and youth worker
- Social worker
- Sexual assault counsellor
- Addictions counsellor
- School resource police officer