Mathematics students in the Grand Erie District School Board have access to the Homework Help website in order to support classroom learning at home.
The Independent Learning Centre (ILC), along with the Ministry of Education, is providing the Homework Help resource to 60 school boards in Ontario.
Students in grades 7 - 10 are able to access live, online help in Mathematics from certified Ontario teachers. These tutors will be online from Sunday through Thursday between 5:30 - 9:30 pm EST. As well, there are many other resources available 24/7 including Interactive Tutorials (fun math games), a Student Locker, Listen and Learn lessons and recordings of Best Sessions!
The site is anonymous and safe. Both parents and students can register and use the site to facilitate greater understanding in math.
If more information is required please speak to your homeschool or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Features at Homework Help…
- Certified Ontario Teachers answering your math questions in Ask a Teacher Chat Rooms
- Interactive chat rooms and tutorials
- Listen and Learn Presentations
- Hundreds of Best Sessions online covering a wide range of topics including great seminars for grades 9 and 10
- Topic designated rooms (i.e. fractions, algebra, EQAO, etc.)
- ‘Tag’ feature for students to save other student’s chat sessions to their locker as well as their own
- Audio Room for students who prefer to hear the teacher speak to them
- Two interactive whiteboards for easier lessons
- Guest users can register as Guardians or Educators for tailored content