Welcome to the Grand Erie DSB Community Use of Schools Online Permit System
You must provide:
- a valid e-mail address, plus password
- a valid credit card
- a current insurance policy number with a minimum limit amount of $2,000,000 naming the Grand Erie District School Board as “additional insured”.
- Permit requests that involve unusual activities may require a higher insurance limit (at the Board’s discretion), if approved.
- Permit requests that include serving alcohol must have PAL (Party Alcohol Liability) insurance or the equivalent, if approved.
- Applicants who do not currently have insurance may purchase an event policy through the Board
- You must agree to the terms and conditions before your permit will be granted
- COMMUNITY USERS select gedsb.ebasefm.com/communityuse to get started.
- SCHOOL BOARD STAFF select gedsb.ebasefm.com/login to enter school permit requests.
Schools have exclusive use of their space on school days from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm Monday through Friday on instructional days and have until June 30 of each year to reserve dates for the upcoming year. From time to time, permit holders may be asked to alter requested dates
Community Use space is available for rental from September through June, Monday to Friday from 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., and on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Community Use permits will not be approved until after July 1 for the upcoming year.
Non-Rental Times - Community Use of schools is not permitted during Christmas, March and Summer Breaks, Statutory Holidays and Professional Activity (PA) Days.
Inclement Weather Cancellations - Permits are cancelled when schools have been closed during the day due to inclement weather, or for any other reason beyond the control of the school board.
Community users are NOT permitted to move retractable dividers, adjustable basketball nets, stage risers, stadium seating, bleachers or any other mechanized equipment. Adjustments are to be made only by the school custodian or qualified facility staff with three days’ written notice prior to the event.
“Click here“ to view the permit fee and category rental schedule effective September 1, 2012:
Permit fees will be reviewed annually and may be adjusted to align with the Ministry of Education Community Use of Schools grant provided to the Board.
Not for Profit and Affiliation Status
- Permit applicants requesting “Not for Profit” status will need to provide proof by one of the following methods:
- A registered charitable organization number, or;
- If incorporated, a copy of ‘Letters Patent’ , or;
- If not incorporated, a financial statement “click here” and an affidavit “click here” from the Executive Director confirming status as a not-for-profit organization.
Not for profit status needs to be proven only once, but any change in status must be reported to the rental office immediately. Failure to disclose a change in status may result in cancellation of permits, denial of future permits and an adjustment invoice to collect unpaid fees that should have been paid.
- Permit applicants requesting “Municipal Affiliation” status must show proof of approval from the local municipality on an annual basis.
Priority Schools – No Rental Fees
The Ministry is providing financial assistance to Ontario school boards to facilitate community use by reducing or eliminating rental and custodial fees for the use of priority schools by qualified not-for-profit groups. The purpose of this funding is to enable community groups to reduce or eliminate fees to the participants who need it most. Graham Bell-Victoria School, Major Ballachey School and Pauline Johnson Collegiate VS have been approved as priority schools in Grand Erie. Please contact the rental secretary for more information.
For More Information
“Click here” to view the Grand Erie DSB Policy FT4 Use of School Facilities
Contact: Facility Services Rental Secretary
Email to email@example.com
Or call 519 756-6306 ext. 281162